Attached are some informational resources for parents. If you are unable to find the information you seek, please feel free to call the SELPA office at 925-426-9144.
2021 Resource and Transition Fair
You will have an opportunity to view pre-recorded sessions in your own time, with topics to include: Mental Health, Communication, Learning Loss, Remote Learning Strategies, Puberty, Transition to Adult Services, Conservatorship and more.
Then, join us for the Live Virtual Event on February 27th, 2021 to include Q & A with our guest speakers and a Vendor Fair.
There are several ways to participate:
- View the videos and attend the Live Q &A sessions that interest you and attend the Live Vendor Fair.
- View the videos but not attend the live sessions
- Attend the Vendor Fair only
The way you choose to participate is totally up to you!
Due to high interest, and the event taking place virtually, we have removed the deadline for registration. Prior to the event, you will receive links to view pre-recorded sessions. You will also receive more details on how to access the Live Q & A and Vendor Fair, which will be held on February 27, 2021 from 9:30 am to 12:00pm.
Procedural Safeguards / Parent Rights
- Procedural Safeguards / Parent Rights (279 kb)
- Procedural Safeguards / Parent Rights En Espanol (197 kb)
- The California Department of Education (CDE) website has a summary of Parent Rights at http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/se/qa/pssummary.asp. Additional information can be found at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/se/qa/pseng.asp
- The CDE maintains a clearinghouse of Procedural Safeguards in a variety of languages: http://inet2.cde.ca.gov/cmd/translatedparentaldoc.aspx?docid=759-768 . If you wish for a translated copy of your procedural safeguards in a language not available on this page, please contact the special education department of your district.
Terms & Acronyms
- Terms & Acronyms (268 kb)